Preferred journal of Glass Global, the May/June issue of Glass Worldwide has been mailed globally… one month ahead of schedule so as to minimalise any possible disruption.
To increase accessibility and visibility of all our content in the current environment, for the foreseeable future the usual subscription fee for Glass Worldwide’s digital archive (sponsored by FIC) has been waived, meaning you can access free of charge the May/June digital issue now in its entirety alongside back copies at https://www.glassworldwide.co.uk/Digital-Issues.
Featuring 30 articles from 11 different countries including a series of exclusive interviews with figureheads at industry giants from the hollow, flat and speciality glass sectors, May/June highlights include:
ON THE SPOT:
On the Spot… Martin Petersson, CEO of Ardagh Group - Glass Europe, exclusively discusses the ‘Furnace of the Future’, a project co-ordinated by Europe’s leading glass container producers to develop the world’s first large-scale, hybrid oxy-fuel furnace to run on 80% renewable electricity.
Market overview of Turkey’s flat glass sector.
Exclusive interview with Abdullah Gayret, General Manager of Turkish glass container manufacturer Gürallar Cam Ambalaj.
Country market report and exclusive interviews with:
- Ishizuka Glass Group: Hisatsugu Ishizuka, President of the Japan Glass Bottle Association (JGBA).
- AGC: Masahiro Takeda, Regional President for building and industrial glass.
- Nihon Yamamura Glass: Koji Yamamura, President.
- Saint Gobain: Francis Cholley, CEO of the group’s construction materials business in Japan and Chairman of the Glass Fiber Association of Japan.
- Toyo Glass: Kiyoshi Kohno, President.
- NSG Group: Tadashi Deguchi, Head of the Fine Glass Division, Technical Glass Strategic Business Unit.
- Emhart Glass Japan: Marcel Germann, Managing Director.
- Eurotherm: Regional managers Seetharaman Jayaraman, Donghyun Shin and Jay Agustin.
- AGC Ceramics: Shinji Yamamura, General Manager.
Flat and hollow glass market reports.
Latest investment initiatives from the flat, hollow and speciality glass sectors.
Glass packaging industry trends for China’s beer sector.
Eurotherm’s René Meuleman welcomes the shift in mindset towards a carbon-free future and examines the challenges and opportunities.
A diverse series of technical articles covering digitisation, forming, inspection, melting, quality control and ware handling.
Spotlights on the latest activities of OCMI and Sheppee International.
SPOTLIGHT > SOCIETY OF GLASS TECHNOLOGY:
In the face of the international Coronavirus pandemic, Stuart Hakes outlines some of the activities planned by the SGT during 2020.
To receive the paper copy and all future issues, subscribe now at https://www.glassworldwide.co.uk/subscription-choice.